1,397 total views, 1 views today
Tween is an age where kids transform from a kid to an adult .The word” tween” is derived from in- between stages of childhood and adolescence. Children enter their tween years around ages of nine to twelve years old. The kids of this age not just undergo physical changes but also noticeable mental and emotional changes. The cute and cuddly kids who once would not spend a day without telling their secrets are now suddenly distancing themselves and have reduced their need for parents
It will be a little tough to see kids grow but these are the times when these kids need their parents the most as guidance before they transition into their teenage years. Parents play a significant role in shaping a kid into a mature adult. Hence it is very important to understand them better to make them a better individual and to guide them for a better future
What changes can be seen in kids in their tweens?
Kids in their tweens are like baby birds learning to fly for the first time as they grow more independent. Kids try new things as a way of finding their identity. Despite enjoying family times, tweens will more likely develop unique interests on their own. Some of it starts from their circle of friends where they together discover new ideas and ways of entertaining themselves.
Here are some behavioural changes that may be noticeable in tweens
- Becoming adventurous
- Rebelling against rules set by the parents and finding ways to bend the rules or finding a way around them
- Finding interest in new hobbies and trading them for old ones. The old habits seem to disappear over time.
- Trying different things like sports, books, art, and more until one of them clicks to them and fits as a hobby for them perfectly
- Need more time to sleep especially during the weekends and the school break
- Finding ways to fit in among their peers
- The feeling of embarrassment increases in front of the others
- The rush of emotions due to hormones after hitting puberty
- Bodyweight and physical appearance start to matter
Tweens may also start to spend more time on their electronic gadgets by watching videos, playing online games, and socialising on the internet with their friends
Challenges commonly faced by tweens
Tweens undergo many challenges on their own. Being conscious of their appearance, trying to look and fitting in with their peers. They may start swearing to sound more authoritative and to impress their friends. Sometimes they will also question their parents trying to go against them and adapting a know-it-all attitude.
With all the changes the tween goes through they still need their parents to guide them. Communicating with them about their problems and needs helps create an understanding and builds trust with the parents.
I’m participating in #BlogchatterA2Z