684 total views, 1 views today
Beetroot and oats chilla is a healthy and nutritious meal that offers several benefits for kids. . It is easy to make, tasty, and a great way to introduce kids to new flavors and textures. You can give them as evening snack / breakfast snack
- Rich in fiber: Oats and besan are both excellent sources of dietary fiber, which helps to regulate digestion and prevent constipation in kids.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: Beetroot is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, iron, and potassium. These nutrients are essential for growth and development in children.
- Boosts immunity: Beetroot contains antioxidants that help to boost the immune system and protect the body against infections and diseases.
- Helps to maintain healthy weight: Oats are a low-calorie food that can help to maintain a healthy weight in kids. The fiber in oats helps to keep them feeling full for longer, reducing the risk of overeating.
- Provides sustained energy: The combination of oats, besan, and beetroot provides sustained energy for kids, helping to keep them active and alert throughout the day.
Prep :15 min
Cook: 15 min
Beetroot and oats chilla is a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack option that is easy to make. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup sooji/ semonila
- 1 small beetroot, steamed
- 1 teaspoon besan (gram flour)
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Water, as needed
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 medium onion
- 4 teaspoon grated carrot
- 4 teaspoon red bell pepper
- 3 teaspoon tomato
- Add one beetroot in steamer and steam it for 10 mins. Remove it from steam and add in grinder with green chilli to make it a paste.
- In another pan roast oats until they are lightly brown . Let them cool completely .
- In a mixer grinder add roasted oats and semolina and grind them to fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats &semolina powder, steamed beetroot paste , besan, coriander leaves, ginger paste, salt, and cumin powder.
- Add chopped onions, bell peppers, tomato and grated carrot.
- Gradually add water to the mixture to make a smooth batter. The consistency should be semi flowy batter.
- Heat a Cast iron pan or a griddle over medium heat. Brush the surface with some oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter onto the pan and spread it evenly in a circular motion.
- Cook the chilla on one side until it turns golden brown, then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve the chilla hot with chutney or ketchup.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious beetroot and oats chilla!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023