943 total views, 1 views today
Sprouted moong dal dosa is a healthy and nutritious Indian pancake made with sprouted moong dal (mung beans) batter. It is a popular South Indian breakfast dish that is not only easy to make but also delicious and filling.
Health benefits for kids
Sprouted moong dal dosa is a great choice for kids as it is a healthy and nutritious breakfast or snack option. Here are some benefits of sprouted moong dal dosa for kids:
- Good source of protein: Sprouted moong dal is a good source of protein, which is essential for growth and development in kids. It can also help in building and repairing muscles.
- Rich in fiber: Sprouted moong dal dosa is rich in fiber, which helps in maintaining digestive health and prevents constipation in kids.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals: Sprouted moong dal is a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, iron, and potassium, which are important for maintaining overall health and immunity in kids.
- Low in fat: Sprouted moong dal dosa is low in fat and calories, making it a healthy option for kids who are conscious about their weight.
- Helps in regulating blood sugar levels: Sprouted moong dal has a low glycemic index, which means it helps in regulating blood sugar levels in kids.
Here’s how you can make sprouted moong dal dosa:
Prep :15 min
Cook: 15 min
- 1 cup sprouted moong dal
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- handful of Spinach
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
How to sprout moong dal easily .Rinse and soak the moong dal in water for one night and next day drain the water and keep it in casserole. Keep checking after 4 hours . Your sprouts will be ready in next 24 hours.
- Grind the sprouted moong dal, grated coconut, ginger, and green chili to a smooth batter.
- Add rice flour, asafoetida, cumin seeds, some spinach leaves and salt to the batter and mix well. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, spread a ladleful of batter evenly on the pan.
- Drizzle some oil around the edges of the dosa and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip the dosa using a spatula and cook the other side for a minute.
- Serve the sprouted moong dal dosa hot with chutney or sambar.
Enjoy your healthy and delicious sprouted moong dal dosa!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023