1,116 total views, 1 views today
An eggless millet muffin is a type of muffin that is made without eggs and contains millet as one of the main ingredients. Millet is a gluten-free whole grain that is high in nutrients like fiber, protein, and antioxidant.
Health benefits for kids
Eggless banana muffins can be a healthy snack option for kids for several reasons:
- Rich in nutrients: Bananas are a great source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium. They also contain fiber, which is important for digestive health.
- Egg-free: Some children have allergies to eggs or are vegan, so eggless muffins can be a good option for them. The recipe uses vegetable oil or melted butter as a substitute for eggs.
- Millet flour: The recipe includes millet flour, which is a whole grain that is high in nutrients like fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
- Portable and convenient: Muffins are easy to make and easy to take on-the-go. They can be a great snack option for busy days or as a lunchbox addition.
Overall, eggless banana muffins can be a healthy and tasty snack for kids, providing them with nutrients and energy to keep them going throughout the day.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
- 1cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour (I have taken ragi)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar/ cane sugar/ jaggery powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or vineger.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnut and Choco chip
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, take milk and add lemon juice .Add brown sugar and Stir well so that sugar dissolves
- Add oil or butter, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract in this
- In another bowl Whisk together the wheat flour , millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Fold them in
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious eggless banana and millet muffins!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023