853 total views, 1 views today
Sesame crunch paneer is a delicious and flavorful Indian dish that combines paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with a crunchy sesame crust. Ihave not used any maida or besan in this recipe. I have made with milk and breadcrumbs.
Health benefits for kids
Sesame crunch paneer fingers made with milk and breadcrumbs can be a nutritious snack for kids. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Paneer: Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a rich source of protein and calcium, both of which are important for growing children. Calcium is essential for building strong bones and teeth, while protein is necessary for the growth and repair of cells and tissues.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are a good source of healthy fats, protein, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. They can help boost the immune system, improve digestion, and support healthy bones.
- Breadcrumbs: Using whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of white bread crumbs can add some additional fiber to this recipe, which can help support healthy digestion.
- Milk: Milk is a good source of calcium, protein, and vitamin D, which can help support healthy bone growth and development in children.
Overall, this recipe is a healthier alternative to deep-fried snacks as it is made with healthy ingredients that are rich in nutrients. Paneer and sesame seeds provide a good balance of protein and healthy fats, while using whole wheat breadcrumbs and milk can add some additional nutrients. However, it is still important to enjoy these sesame crunch paneer fingers in moderation as they are still a high calorie snack.
Servings: 12 paneer fingers
Prep :10 min
Cook: 10 min
- 400g paneer, cut into finger-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup white and black sesame seeds
- Oil for shallow fry.
Alternative for bread crumbs : try murmura (rice puff) powder
- Keep three separate bowls, one having mik , one having bread crumbs and third one having seeds mixed with oregano , salt and pepper / chilli flakes .
- Dip each paneer finger first in milk then in the breadcrumb mixture and coat it with sesame seeds.
- Put some ghee / oil on a pan and shallow fry the paneer fingers until they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.
AIR FRYER OPTION: you can also air fry these for 10 mins at 180 c.
This recipe makes crispy and flavorful sesame crunch paneer fingers that are perfect for snacking or as an appetizer.
The sesame seeds add a nice crunch to the paneer, while the spices in the sauce create a delicious balance of flavors. Enjoy!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023
One Reply to “Sesame Crunch Paneer Fingers”
I love how easy to make this is. And who doesn’t love paneer!