830 total views, 1 views today
Guacamole is a popular Mexican dip or spread that is made from mashed avocados, lime juice, salt, and other ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. It has a creamy and slightly tangy flavor.
Guacamole toast is a delicious and easy-to-make variation of avocado toast. It is not only delicious but also very nutritious, as avocados are packed with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Instead of simply mashing avocado onto the bread, guacamole toast involves mixing mashed avocado separately and then putting on top of bread.
Guacamole toast can be a healthy and nutritious snack for kids. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Avocado: Avocado is the main ingredient in guacamole, and it is a nutrient-dense fruit that is rich in healthy fats, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and folate. These nutrients can support healthy brain and heart function, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic is a natural immune booster and has antibacterial properties that can help prevent infections.
- Lime juice: Lime juice is a good source of vitamin C, which can help support a healthy immune system, as well as aid in the absorption of iron from plant-based foods.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body and support healthy digestion.
- Pomegranate seeds are a good source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber, which can help support a healthy immune system and digestion
Overall, guacamole is a healthy and delicious snack that can provide kids with essential nutrients such as healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is also easy to prepare and can be a great way to introduce kids to new flavors and textures. However, it is important to note that guacamole is high in calories due to the healthy fats in avocado, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Servings: 2 toast
Prep :5 min
Cook: 5 min
Here’s how to make guacamole toast:
I have added pomegranate seeds in guacamole recipe to give a colorful twist on the traditional guacamole recipe. Here is a simple recipe to try:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 slice of bread, toasted
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a fork or a potato masher until they are smooth with some chunks remaining.
- Add the diced red onion, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, lime juice, and salt to the mashed avocado.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the pomegranate seeds to the guacamole and gently stir to distribute them evenly.
- Spread the guacamole mixture onto the toasted bread, and serve immediately.
The pomegranate seeds not only add a pop of color but also provide a burst of flavor and texture to the guacamole.
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023