597 total views, 1 views today
Carrot and suji appe is a popular Indian snack that is typically made with semolina (suji or rava), grated carrots, and a variety of spices
Carrot and suji (semolina) appe can be a healthy and nutritious snack for kids, as they provide essential nutrients and can be easily digested by young children.
Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which is important for vision and immune function, and suji provides carbohydrates, protein, and some essential minerals like iron and magnesium. Additionally, these snacks can be made without added sugar and can be a good way to introduce new flavors and textures to children’s diets.
Here’s a simple recipe to make carrot and suji appe:
Servings: 6 appe
Prep : 15 min
Cook: 15 min
- 1 cup semolina (suji or rava)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1/4 cup French beans
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Bengal gram
- 1 teaspoon ENO salt
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-5 cashews
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Add oil in pan and when oil is hot ,add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon Channa dal.
- In this add curry leaves, grated ginger, 4-5 cashews and sauté. Stir fry until cashews turn little brown.
- Now add semolina to the pan and roast till crunchy. Make sure that semolina doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pan from the gas and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add semolina mixture. grated carrot, some onions, French beans, yogurt, salt, and finely chopped green chilli.
- Add water as required to make a thick batter, the consistency should be similar to that of idli batter. Cover it and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Now add 1 teaspoon Eno salt and ½ teaspoon regular salt and mix well.
- Heat the appe pan and brush some oil in each of the holes.
- Pour a spoonful of batter into each hole, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip the appe and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy carrot and suji appe snack!
Overall, carrot and suji appe can be a healthy and tasty snack option for kids, but should be incorporated into a balanced diet along with a variety of other foods.
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023