961 total views, 1 views today
Watching your little one crawling near you is totally adorable. Their tiny little legs, and their enjoyment is similar like a newfound freedom!
But still with this freedom comes a lot of dangers. Since kids have a knack of finding and playing with anything that they shouldn’t! All because of their curiosity. And no doubt, all the household items are much more exciting than toys for them!
Few Benefits of Crawling
Crawling is very helpful in teaching baby to how to coordinate movements by using both sides of their body equally
It is very helpful activity to strengthen their arm and leg muscles.
It is one of the first motor activities which help baby use both sides of their brain together.
It helps baby to establish better learning patterns, visual tracking.
Crawling helps baby establish a strong foundation skills like balance, and coordination which in turn will help baby to gain independent walking skills.
Here’s what you can do to make your kid’s crawling a lot easier and memorable –
- Try giving your baby plenty of tummy time, from birth itself. This will develop their muscle strength across shoulders, arms, back and trunk (torso) as all of these parts would help them to crawl better
- Encourage your baby to move and bring the toys she is interested in while playing
- Build a safe corner/place for your baby to explore different objects
- Try placing your palms behind your child’s feet, to protect them!
How to Child-Proof Your Home for Crawling?
- The first thing you should get when your little one starts to crawl about are some gates, especially for the stairs and the kitchen, as this is among the major danger hidden spots.
- Next crucial steps is to get some plastic safety covers for the plug sockets. Because the more you tell them not to touch anything, the more curious they will get about it. It’s a good idea to watch your little ones around these too, as by the age of 2 my kid learnt how to take the safety plugs out – very clever but not very safe!
- Also, try staying aware about what you have kept on the floor, especially small things, since they can swallow it. The major reason behind saying this is, most of the kids often try putting things in their mouth, just to explore their new found skills. Hence, be on guard for loose coins and small toys left around by older children etc. Remember not everything is safe to eat at this stage!
By keeping an eye on all these little things, you are creating a perfect space. A space that will not only support the kid’s growth but also will provide healthy development. Hence, remember, the better you will be at all these, the better experience you will get!
I am writing 26 post in this series .Do check my earlier post