488 total views, 1 views today
Oats and puffed rice bars are a delicious and healthy snack option that you can make at home with just a few simple ingredients. Healthy snacks can help to keep your child’s energy levels up throughout the day, improve their concentration and focus, and reduce their risk of developing chronic health conditions.
Health benefits of Oats and puffed rice bars
Oats and puffed rice bars are an excellent snack option because they are both nutritious and delicious. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Fiber: Both oats and puffed rice cereal are high in fiber, which can help regulate digestion, lower cholesterol levels, and promote feelings of fullness, which can prevent overeating.
- Nutrients: Oats are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc, while puffed rice cereal is low in calories and fat and high in carbohydrates, making it a good source of energy.
- Protein: Nut butter, which i have used in bars, is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues, maintaining muscle mass, and supporting a healthy immune system.
- Antioxidants: Many of the ingredients used in these bars, such as nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Low in sugar: I have added maple syrup ,making them a healthier snack option compared to many store-bought snack bars that are high in added sugars and preservatives.
Overall, these bars are a nutritious and delicious snack option that can help keep you feeling full and satisfied between meals, while also providing a range of health benefits.
Here is a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup nut butter (such as almond or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts or seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and puffed rice cereal.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl or on the stove, heat the peanut butter and maple syrup until melted and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture over the oats and puffed rice cereal, and stir until well combined.
- Add in any optional chopped nuts or seeds and dried fruit, and mix well.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, and press the mixture firmly into the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Once the bars have set, cut into squares or bars and enjoy!
You can store these bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. They make a great on-the-go snack or a quick and easy breakfast option.
You can easily create delicious and healthy variations of oats and puffed rice bars. Here are some tips to get you started:
Tip 1: Add Nut Butter
Nut butter is an excellent source of healthy fats and protein, making it an ideal addition .You can use any type of nut butter, such as peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter, and mix it with the oats and puffed rice to create a delicious and nutritious snack.
Tip 2: Add Dried Fruit
Dried fruit is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. You can add any type of dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, or chopped dates. Dried fruit will add natural sweetness to your bars without adding any extra sugar.
Tip 3: Add Seeds
Seeds are an excellent source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. You can add any type of seed to such as chia seeds, flax seeds, or sunflower seeds. Seeds will add crunch and texture to your bars while also boosting their nutritional value.
In conclusion, providing your child with healthy snacks is essential for their overall health and well-being. By following these tips, you can create a variety of delicious and healthy variations of oats and puffed rice bars that your kids will love.
Looking for more healthy snack ideas for kids? Check out our website for more delicious and nutritious snack ideas.
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023
One Reply to “Healthy Snacks for Kids: Try These Oats and Puffed Rice bars”
The fact that it’s low in sugar is an added advantage.