699 total views, 1 views today
Nachos are a popular snack or appetizer that originated in Mexico. They typically consist of tortilla chips topped with melted cheese, jalapeno peppers, and other toppings such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and diced tomatoes. But today we will make homemade nachos made from wheat flour and maze flour.Nachos can be a fun and tasty way to enjoy a snack or meal, and can be customized to suit different tastes and dietary preferences.
Health benefits of homemade nachos
When it comes to health benefits, homemade nachos made with a combination of wheat flour and maize flour can be a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and some essential nutrients for kids. Here are some of the health benefits:
- Carbohydrates: Nachos made with wheat flour and maize flour provide carbohydrates, which are the main source of energy for the body. Children need sufficient amounts of carbohydrates for growth, physical activity, and brain function.
- Fiber: Both wheat flour and maize flour are good sources of fiber, which can help regulate digestion and prevent constipation. Fiber also helps to control blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol levels.
- Nutrients: Wheat flour and maize flour both contain a range of essential nutrients, such as B vitamins, iron, and zinc. These nutrients are important for healthy growth and development, and can also help support the immune system.
Recipe of homemade nachos
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time :30 minutes
Servings :1 box
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup maize flour (also known as cornmeal)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
- Shredded cheese
- Jalapenos, diced tomatoes, or other toppings of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, maize flour, and salt. Add in the vegetable oil and mix well.
- Gradually add in the water and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough into thin rounds and prick the roll with a fork, preventing from puffing up while frying.
- Trim the sides and cut into triangle pieces.
1)Deep fry option
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the triangles until they’re crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the nachos from the oil and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
2)Air fry option :
- Place the triangles in air fries at 180c for 25 mins .
- Remove the nachos from the air fryer and keep aside to cool them
1)Place the triangles on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for 25 minutes
2)Remove the nachos from the baking tray and keep aside to cool them.
Finally, enjoy home made nachos with roasted tomato salsa or store it for a month in an airtight container.
Making nachos at home allows you to control the quality and quantity of ingredients, making it easier to reduce the amount of unhealthy fats, sodium, and preservatives that are often found in store-bought snacks.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that nachos should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Toppings such as cheese and sour cream can be high in calories and saturated fat, so it’s a good idea to serve them in small amounts or substitute with healthier options such as fresh salsa or guacamole.
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023