1,243 total views, 1 views today
Each journey creates stories, but when it is with your little one, it becomes the best memory ever.
I felt this with my father. He was fond of traveling, and traveled with me across India in my childhood. I have great memories of that period. Every year I used to get excited about the next destination. This is the sole reason why I wanted to explore places with my little one.
The ground rule of safe traveling with kids is to keep it simple yet perfect. Though you won’t get perfectionism from the first journey itself, you will learn. That’s why I chose domestic and local traveling in the early years to get the confidence for international ones.
Yet another reason for starting with local traveling was the immune system of my kiddo. Interestingly, there were no major problems I faced during the trip, as I was completely prepared. For planning the itinerary, I chose an infant friendly destination to ensure the baby’s safety.
Here are some more takeaways and tips I have divided according to my destination and the age of my daughter; you must check once:
How to do the packing for toddlers? – My first ever trip with the little one!
My first ever trip with my daughter was at the age of 2. We decided to travel after two years of birth as she had developed the right sleeping pattern and had her favorite toys with her. Also, it was a family trip, and we chose the train for my daughter’s convenience.
We booked the lower birth, as she would get sufficient space to move around. The journey time was 6 hours, and we preferred her sitting to the window seat.
The journey was fun. If you are thinking of going on an international trip, then you need to make slight changes in the packing. One of my friends traveled by flight; she got free tickets and some best facilities on the plane itself.
The airline allowed her to carry 20 kg luggage, excluding the weight of the stroller. She got a baby-friendly restroom and a diaper changing table. So no matter which traveling mode you choose, here are some essentials you must know:
- Take adequate rest before heading to travel, and keep the contact number of any child doctor handy.
- Pack plenty amount of fluids so that your child stays hydrated throughout the journey. Always prefer to take boiled water with you .
- Keep changing the scenery and views of the baby, as they will found it interesting and might keep them engaged.
- Carry a thermometer, baby wipes, Diapers,diaper rash cream, formula milk, baby soap, lotions, extra baby’s bowl, and spoon, Essential medicines ,bottle sterilizer .All this handy with in a carry bag .
- We carried vegetables soup and porridge to feed during our journey .
- Don’t forget to carry new and interesting toys to surprise the infant, as the older ones may bore them.
Lastly, never forget to keep a baby carrier along with you for moving freely at different sightseeing areas.
How to do the packing for a 3-year-old child? – My second trip to Goa by air!
I got lots of confidence during my first trip; everything went according to the way we planned. Goa is undoubtedly the best place, because you have everything accessible around. Be it doctors, pharma, and cozy rooms. Even though I carried foodstuffs this time too; we tried to experiment with food in restaurants as well.
My daughter loved the buffets because it had fantastic breakfast options. I even managed to take help from restaurant officials for emergency situations. Here are some essentials for traveling with kid above three years:
- Carry essential medicines, baby wipes, thermometers. Also, keep your family doctor updated about your routine, so that they can help you anytime in emergency.
- Take some color books or picture books to keep your kids engaged. Honestly, It helped me a lot during the traveling hours.
- You can even keep a baby stroller to move your baby around while they are sleeping. It was a savior for me, as I parked it alongside when my daughter asked to play around.
- Carry ready to eat cookies and wafers, because your child can get cranky due to hunger.
- Keep a cloth set handy along with baby wipes to avoid any problematic situation.
How to do the packing for a 4-year-old child? – My third international and adventurous trip ever!
The more I traveled with my kid, the better I got confident. And this was the reason why I chose hongkong as my International trip destination. As we had to stay outdoors, I tried packing as many favorite snacks as I can for her. We enjoyed a lot on this trip because it was full of adventure, and looking forward to having something like this in the future!
- We pre-planned the destinations and the places we wanted to visit to avoid problems during traveling. As this was a 6 days trip, I packed many clothes for her, because she spoiled it a lot. Keep your schedule little flexible according to your child’s need.
- Carry an extra small bag while outdoors . The bag can have your kids essentials like some snacks, one medicine, Your contact details and changeovers, and it became a lifesaver for us as well.
- Limit the number of toys, but never compromise with home-cooked food. My daughter loved the cuisine there, but as I wasn’t so sure about it, I carried lots of food to keep her well-fed.
- Don’t forget to have hand sanitizer, lotions, and body wipes handy plus all medicines and most importantly do carry that prescription given by doctor along with it .
Final thoughts on How To Travel Smart With Kids:
The best tip I can give you as a mother is not to freak out while traveling with kids. They are joyous, and they will make your trip more amazing than ever. From my personal experience, I have felt that a journey with a little one is more adventurous and fun as compared with adults, because you never sit vacantly. If you are hesitating to go for a trip with a newborn, I will tell you, don’t think twice, there are lots of best experiences you can withstand for life.
Conclusively, before going on any trip with the newborn or a toddler don’t forget to look at my checklist because I have covered everything required. Take many photographs as a family piece, and enjoy your holidays by creating great stories!