614 total views, 1 views today
Moong dal Idlis are great as a snack options for kids .These are easy to make and doesn’t need much preparation .Each Idli has about 3 g Protein which is good for growing kids .
1.We are using moong dal are used in making idli, which makes it is rich rich in protein and low in carbs and fat.
2. Idlis are one of the most preferred snack options since they are light, fill you with energy, and don’t leave you feeling lethargic.
3). We have added vegetables like carrots and beetroot which gives extra fiber and nutritional value.
4)It is rich in antioxidants like flavonoids, which reduce the damage done by free radicals to the blood vessels and lower the risk of heart disease.
5)Protein-rich moong dal is excellent for building muscles, giving a feeling of satiety, reducing appetite, and stopping cravings to overeat.
Servings: 6 to 7 idlis
Prep :10 min
Cook: 10 min
1/2 cup Moong Dal (I used yellow split) Soaked for atleast 2 hours
1 Slice of ginger
1 Green Chilli
1/4 tsp Haldi Powder
A little Salt
1 tsp Oil
7 to 8 cashews
1 tsp Urad Dal
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
5 to 6 curry leaves
Hand ful of coriander
1/3 cup grated carrot
2 tbsp Dahi
1 tsp Eno Fruit Salt (if splitting in 2 batches add half)
Some beetroot , Coriander for putting in Idli moulds
- Do not make a super smooth batter, keep it a little coarse.
- Do not add too much water while grinding the batter, little at a time. We want the batter to be like regular Idli batter
- Add the eno right before steaming.
- Steam on medium high flame for 8 to 10 mins without opening the lid. Do not keep the cooker whistle on while steaming.
- Let the Idlis cool for a minute before unmoulding
1.Soak moong dal for two hours
2.Now in mixer add soaked moong dal,some ginger , some chilli and turmeric powder and blend it and keep in separate bowl.
3. Now in separate pan add oil and sauté cashews nuts so they turn light brown. Take them out of the pan
4. Now in same pan add mustard seeds,urad dal, Kadi pata . Sauté it
5. Now in our batter add this tadka ,cashews and some grated carrots and coriander .
6 . Now mix it gently and add eno . Immediately add this mixture in idli moulds .
7. Now make your Idlis in cooker or in steamer for 10 mins .
8. Now unmould your Idlis after cooling and serve with your favourite chutney .
Enjoy your fluffy Moong dal Idlis for kids
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023