Today I will share a favorite vegan go-to lunch/dinner recipe that we enjoy
- 2 14-ounce blocks extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, pepper
- Garnishes: salsa, chopped avocado, grated cheddar, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Optional: 6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
Simply heat up your saucepan, add the onions and spices following, the the tofu along with any vegetables you may like, let it sit for several minutes. Keep stirring and it should be done within ten minutes.
Add toast or tortilla for different tastes.