565 total views, 1 views today
Veg and paneer quesadillas can be a healthy and nutritious meal for kids, especially when made with whole wheat tortillas and fresh vegetables. Quesadillas are a delicious Mexican dish made by filling a tortilla with cheese and other ingredients, and then cooking it until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. Paneer on other hand is indian delicacy . When these two most loved food items come together, the result is loved by kids and adults alike. Quesadillas can be served as a snack, appetizer, or main course. They are often accompanied by salsa, guacamole, or sour cream for dipping.
Health benefits of Mixed Veg and paneer Quesadilla
Here are some health benefits of this dish:
- Good source of protein: Paneer (cottage cheese) is a good source of protein, which is important for growing children. It provides all the essential amino acids that the body needs to build and repair tissues.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Vegetables like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini are rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, and potassium. These nutrients are essential for healthy growth and development.
- High in fiber: Whole wheat tortillas are high in fiber, which helps to promote healthy digestion and can also help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Low in saturated fat: When made with fresh ingredients and minimal added oils or cheese, veg and paneer homemade quesadillas can be a low-saturated fat meal, which can help to maintain a healthy heart and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Customizable: Homemade quesadillas are customizable, which means you can add or remove ingredients according to your child’s dietary needs and preferences. For example, you can add more vegetables or use a low-fat cheese to reduce the calorie content.
Overall, veg and paneer homemade quesadillas can be a healthy and nutritious meal for kids, especially when made with fresh, whole ingredients and served in moderation.
Recipe of Mixed Veg and paneer Quesadillas
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time :10 minutes
Servings :3 Quesadillas
- 1 cup paneer (cottage cheese), grated or crumbled
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.), chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salsa and sour cream (optional)
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Now Add the chopped vegetables and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they are slightly soft.
- Add the grated or crumbled paneer, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the paneer is slightly browned.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Take a whole wheat tortilla and spread a tablespoon of olive oil on one side. Place the tortilla oil-side down on a flat pan over medium heat.
- Spread a layer of the vegetable-paneer mixture over one half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the vegetable-paneer mixture.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling to form a half-moon shape.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream (optional).
Enjoy your delicious homemade mix veg and paneer quesadillas!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023