1,894 total views, 1 views today
Vermicelli kheer, also known as semiya payasam, is a popular Indian dessert that is loved by both kids and adults. It is a delicious and nutritious dessert that can be enjoyed as an after-meal treat or as a snack. I have replaced sugar with mango puree in this recipe . You can add sugar if you want . As my kid is very fond of mango so this recipe is hit in our house .
Health benefits of Mango Vermicelli kheer
Vermicelli kheer is a healthy and nutritious dessert option for kids, as it provides several health benefits.
The milk used in this recipe is a good source of calcium and protein, which are essential for strong bones and muscles.
The vermicelli provides carbohydrates, which can provide energy to kids for their daily activities.
The nuts used in the recipe provide healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for overall growth and development.
Recipe of Mango Vermicelli kheer
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 4 cups milk
- Ripe and sweet mango- 1 no.
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- A handful of chopped nuts (cashews, almonds, and raisins)
Peel off the mango and chop it in to big cubes.
- Heat a pan and add ghee to it.
- Add the chopped nuts and fry them till they turn golden brown. Set them aside.
- In the same pan, add vermicelli and roast it till it turns light brown.
- Add milk to the pan and let it come to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and let the vermicelli cook for 10-15 minutes or until it softens.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the kheer thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add the fried nuts and mix well.
- Next take mango pieces in a mixer and puree it such that there are no lumps in it.
- Finally when kheer cools down to room temperature, include mango puree and mix well.
- Luscious mango vermicelli kheer is ready to serve
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023