670 total views, 1 views today
Foxtail Millet Tikki Chat is a delicious and healthy Indian snack. I have consciously started adding millet in my child’s diet without compromising the taste .It is made by mixing foxtail millet, potatoes, and spices, shaping them into small tikkis, and shallow frying them. The tikkis are then served with chutneys, garnished with sev and chopped coriander leaves. It is a delicious and healthy Indian street food snack that is loved by many.
Health benefits of Foxtail Millet Tikki Chat
Foxtail Millet Tikki is a healthy snack that comes with several health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of this dish:
- Good source of protein: Foxtail millet is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing body tissues. Adding potatoes and legumes to the dish increases the protein content.
- It is rich in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and prevents constipation. It also helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Foxtail millet is gluten free, making it a good option for people who are gluten intolerant.
- Packed with nutrients: Foxtail millet is rich in essential nutrients such as iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, which help in maintaining good health.
- Antioxidant-rich: The tamarind chutney and coriander leaves used in this dish are rich in antioxidants, which help in preventing cell damage and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
Overall, It is a nutritious and healthy snack that can be enjoyed guilt-free.
Recipe of Foxtail Millet Tikki Chat
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup foxtail millet, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 medium-sized boiled and mashed potato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Tamarind chutney and green chutney for serving
- Sev and chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, cook the soaked foxtail millet with 2 cups of water for 2-3 whistles. Let it cool down completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooled foxtail millet, mashed potato, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped coriander leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix everything well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa and add some oil for shallow frying. Place the tikkis on the pan and cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- To assemble the Tikki Chat, place the tikkis on a plate and top with tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- Garnish with sev and chopped coriander leaves.
Your Foxtail Millet Tikki Chat is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
This post is a part of Blogchatter A2Z challenge 2023